Thursday, February 17, 2011

OSCAR, PART DEUX

Today I am continuing with my OSCAR predictions:

Best Actress: and the nominees are:

Best Actress

Annette Bening
"The Kids Are All Right"

Nicole Kidman
"Rabbit Hole"

Jennifer Lawrence
"Winter's Bone"

Natalie Portman
"Black Swan"

Michelle Williams
"Blue Valentine"

OK, let's face it. The only one who's got a shot in hell of upsetting Natalie Portman is Annette Bening, and Mrs. Warren Beatty needs a MUCH BETTER haircut before she can trip up to the podium and thank everyone in creation for her Oscar. I will agree, though, her time is coming, becasue she's been overlooked quite a bit - might even call her the "Susan Lucci" of Oscars. But it's Portman's year for playing psycho-bi-ballerina. Just the type of family movie the Academy voters love.

Best Director:Best Director

Darren Aronofsky
"Black Swan"

David O. Russell
"The Fighter"

Tom Hooper
"The King's Speech"

David Fincher
"The Social Network"

Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
"True Grit"

usually Best PIcture and Best Director go hand in hand, but sometimes not - making this one a tough call. So I'm simply going to vote for my favorite, and that would be David Fincher. He made a movie that I thought would be dull and boring into one that wasn't.

THE GRAND FINALE:
BEST PICTURE:
Best Picture

Black Swan

The Fighter

Inception

The Kids Are All Right

The King's Speech

127 Hours

The Social Network

Toy Story 3

True Grit

Winter's Bone

Gone are the days when only 5 films were nominated - now Hollywood feels they turn out such quality products they nominate everythign but the kitchen sink. This makes for much, much, split voting,another reason that this category, unless it's a runaway, is hard to call. There are several here it could be: Social Network, Black Swan, the Fighter, the King's Speech - so I'm just gonna go with my gut and say, once again, THE SOCIAL NETWORK.

ok, there you have it. My predictions! Tune in to ABC Sunday night at 8 p.m. and see how right I am! (Maxx: Geez, even if he gets one right he'll be unbearable!)

How right you are, brudda!

tomorrow: My take on Westminster (the dog show, not the abbey)


ROCCO

No comments:

Post a Comment