Thursday, January 25, 2018

Back from the Dead - MURPHY BROWN GETS A REBOOT!

The Human here.....

Cutting into ROCCO's blog to announce that my prayers have been answered!!!!!!  In the wake of the rebooting of many old favorite tv sitcoms, CBS has announced they are bringing back MURPHY BROWN!!!!!!

Murphy Brown was one of my favorite sitcoms, and Candice Bergen my idol. I longed to be just like the beautiful, witty journalist who was never without a snappy comeback!  I can't wait to see how they tackle the current politial climate (something the original show was noted for). 


I also can't wait to see Candice Bergen return to TV (she was on The Practice for several years after MB).  I loved her portrayal of Murphy and can't wait to see what she does with this!  Her son, Avery, should be in his 20's.  Maybe he'll be a reporter at FYI too! We'll have to wait and see how many of the original cast come back. Alas, no Robert Pastorelli (Eldin) as he died in 2004.




Murphy Brown II will debut in the 2018/2019 season, so most likely this September/October. I'll be counting the days!

In the meantime, you can read about it here:
https://apnews.com/d0b9cbf50c594a1c8f6f376956855683/Candice-Bergen-to-star-in-CBS%27-%27Murphy-Brown%27-revival


Does anyone else remember Murphy Brown?  How do you feel about the reboot?


No comments:

Post a Comment